Last updated July, 21, 2016
eduPad SAS (“Company”) owns iTooch and Monster Messenger apps (hereinafter jointly referred to as “Apps”) and the correlating websites www.edupad.com, www.edupad.fr, www.itooch.com, www.itooch.fr, www.monster-messenger.com, www.monster.land (hereinafter jointly referred to as “websites”). These Terms of Service govern an adult and child’s (person 12 years and younger) use of Apps and websites, and all associated Company children’s products regardless of how you access or use it. By Apps, we refer to the products and services we make available via mobile telecommunications, social networking platforms, and / or app stores.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THESE TERMS, DO NOT USE THE SERVICE. WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO MAKE CHANGES TO THESE TERMS AT ANY TIME, WHEREOF WE WILL PROVIDE NOTICE ON THE WEBSITES. YOUR CONTINUED USE OF OUR SERVICE THEREAFTER CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THE REVISED TERMS.
Use of Apps
Persons under 13 years of age and younger require parent / legal guardian permission prior to using all Apps features. If a parent / legal guardian does not give child permission, the child may use Apps and the websites, but their interaction and access to Apps will be limited. If you are 13 years or older you can access Apps as an adult, without the approval of a parent/legal guardian.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act
In compliance with COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act) only adults, parents and legal guardians, are permitted to give personally identifiable information concerning of child 12 and under.
Ownership of Material
With the exception of Monster Messenger’s safe image search engine, the Company owns all materials that appear in Apps and associated websites, including any trademarks, trade names, slogans, logos, designs, graphics, pictures, images, text, content or other materials, including all copyright, trademark, patent, and other intellectual property rights. All such rights of the Company are hereby asserted and reserved, and may not be replicated or used without prior permission, including using content in a way that is likely to cause confusion among consumers, in a commercial manner, or otherwise infringing on Company rights.
Images referenced in Monster Messenger’s safe image search engine are only referenced, in the form of a miniature of the original image, a link to the page where the image can be found and the page’s title. The owner of the website where the images are located are responsible of the respect of copyrights, trademarks and other intellectual property rights concerning the images.
Licensing of Application
We hereby grant you a personal, non-exclusive, revocable license to download and install Apps on your device, subject to the Terms of this agreement. You may not: (i) transfer or sublicense Apps to anyone else; (ii) copy, modify, or distribute Apps; (iii) any commercial use without our permission/licensing, reverse engineer, decompile, or create derivative works for Apps; (iv) use Apps in any unlawful manner or in a manner inconsistent with these Terms and / or COPPA compliance. We may, at any time and without notice, revoke membership to and / or use of Apps should you (parent, adult, or child) breach these Terms.
Company or any subsidiaries / associated brand(s) will not disclose information about children, more than is necessary to participate in Apps. Parents have the authority to review submitted information about their child and may contact the Company to delete previously gathered information or to refuse to allow any future collection and use of their child’s information.
By using eduPad’s services and registering their children under 13, parents give their consent to all of the services processes. A parent registering one of his child in Monster Messenger is designed hereafter as “responsible parent”.
In perticular concerning Monster Messenger service, responsible parents give their consent to the following:
- User’s avatars are public and moderated
- User’s full names are public
- All users are searchable with the service’s search feature
- User’s profiles and collections are public
- Reported conversations and conversations containing words in a blacklist are moderated
- Images attached to profiles in public collections are moderated
- User’s contacts and bots operated by eduPad can send messages including web links. These links can be opened in the in-App browser, but any link going out of the target website triggers a parental gate.
- Responsible parents manage their children’s contact list. They can block/unblock any of their children’s contacts at any time.
- General case: children can send and receive invitations, but can’t exchange any private message with invitor/invitee before responsible parent’s authorization
- Exception: Trusted Contacts (contacts of a user’s contacts and eduPad’s partners). Children can send and receive invitations and can accept invitations from trusted contacts themselves. In case a child accepts a trusted contact invitation, Responsible Parent is notified and can block the contact. eduPad’s Partners: eduPad’s partners comply with eduPad’s privacy and child protection processes.
If you have any questions regarding the outlined Terms of Service you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.